Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: DDRC24 upgrade to Dirac 3.0

DDRC24 upgrade to Dirac 3.0 1 week 6 days ago #51705

• Ntait
  • Fresh Boarder
Understand that it's possible to upgrade my DDRC to Dirac 3.0 - can anyone tell me:

a) will I have to take new measurements if I upgrade?

b) is there any actual improvement to sound quality compared to 2.0?

Be great to hear from anyone that's already done this. I'm running a 2.1 stereo system.

Thanks!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC24 upgrade to Dirac 3.0 1 week 5 days ago #51714

• Bencat
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
The simple answer is that you will be able to use the filters already loaded on your DDRC24 with altering them but that will not be using any of the advances and gains in the Dirac 3.0 software.

In order to get the full use of the Dirac 3.0 software then you will have to do a complete new session using 3.0 and then export the result to your DDRC24.

My own personal view is that there is much ti be gained by using 3.0 and there are quite certainly sonic gains in the new software that provides a smoother and more intergrated sound quality . It is worth the extra work of doing a new session to get the audio benefits .

DDRC24 upgrade to Dirac 3.0 1 week 4 days ago #51725

• Ntait
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, makes sense.

I'll try find some time to give v3.0.9 a go.
Moderators: devteam