Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: PEQ latency with Dirac Live bypassed

PEQ latency with Dirac Live bypassed 1 week 4 days ago #50712

• mch42
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I would like to use Dirac Live in a home studio setup. The 24 ms latency of SHD and DDRC-22D is a party killer for recording. The 13 ms latency of DDRC-88D could be semi-acceptable. Another quite acceptable solution would be to switch between DL and PEQ based correction - PEQ for lower latency during recording, DL with bigger latency during playback.

However, surfing forums leaves me with questions:

1) One forum post claims SHD always has a latency of 24ms, even with DL disabled. Is this true? (Another forum post claims DDRC-22D has very short latency with DL disabled -- so here seems to be a discrepancy between SHD and DDRC architecture? Or then either one of the forum posts are incorrect... :)

2) DDRC-88D would supposedly have 13 ms (kind-of tolerable) DL latency, but my question is if the BM plugin adds extra latency on top of that? Because I'd want BM for PEQ...

3) With DDRC-88D BM, is it possible to have a "DL-disabled, PEQ-enabled" preset with <3ms latency? Or does this suffer from the supposed SHD dilemma that DL latency is always there, even with processing disabled?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam