Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Newby Questions

Newby Questions 1 month 2 weeks ago #50188

• hawkpicker
  • Fresh Boarder
I purchased a SHD recently and am impressed by the features but am well out of my knowledge base using the room correction. I understand the taking of the measurements (just follow the directions) but I quickly get confused when it gets to filter design. I have a 2.1 setup in an upstairs "bonus room" over the garage. I have my sub hooked up and routed as per the SHD user manual (Left and Right speakers linked, sub on output 3, 80Hz crossover). The attached is the measurement I get. The user manual states that the sub should be a little louder than normal and my first measurement was extremely bass heavy (so much so I only got an auto target curve for the low end). I turned down the volume on my sub and it seemed to help. At this point what should I do next? I am at a complete loss in what this curve is telling me...

Any help educating me is appreciated!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newby Questions 1 month 1 week ago #50321

• WerTicus
  • Fresh Boarder
Looks pretty good to me, the software is telling you what it thinks you should do to correct the speakers to get a typical flattish response.

The really jaggy curve is what dirac measured from your speakers.

You drag those points around and get a curve that you like the sound of - i personally like doing about 9+ db from 200hz down, and i like to have it flat otherwise but there is all kinds of curves that people try and you might prefer. You can double click to add a new point.

Look up the NAD curve or the Harmon curve or the Smile curve etc.

You may as well program in 4 curves to try and export those into the 4 preset options to test.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam