Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dirac sounds not fantastic.....what do i do wrong?

Dirac sounds not fantastic.....what do i do wrong? 9 months 2 days ago #46172

• steven2583a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
"I agree it looks strange, do you think this cut at 65 hz is because DIRAC use a lot of attnuation of the high 46 hz resonance peak, and then this attnuation also hit the nearby 65 hz dip, so this dip gets even lower? "

I missed this question before. I do think that may be an issue they are not brick wall filters so it goes against a range.. You might lessen the amount of cut at 65hz and see how that works.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dirac sounds not fantastic.....what do i do wrong? 9 months 1 day ago #46183

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1587
mtolesen wrote:
Hi John,

So i tested the DIRAC filter on and off on , from yesterday in my DDRC24, with REW EQ, see below, the red curve is without my DIRAC filter, and the blue is with DIRAC filter switched on.

Cool, so the filter is working. Perhaps try what I suggested above then :)

BTW remember that DL does multipoint measurement, trying to "fix" it based on a single point REW measurement is unlikely to be fruitful.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

Dirac sounds not fantastic.....what do i do wrong? 9 months 1 day ago #46189

• mtolesen
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi John,

I did try to make a filter that started at around 200 Hz and raised towards 50 H to around +6 dB at 50 Hzz, and then rolled off, like you said but i still cannot hear any real difference.......maybe it is my ears....:-))

Tonight i will try to make a similar filter characteristic with REW EQ instead of Direc Live, and see if i can hear the difference there.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam