Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: DDRC-24 manual is not clear: Bypass?

DDRC-24 manual is not clear: Bypass? 3 weeks 5 days ago #45670

• Altair
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I just received my DDRC-24 and I'm presently reading the manual, before beginning the installation.
At page 22 ,(attached) there is something that makes absolutely no sense. The software asks for the filter type, and the proposed answers seems to be "bypass" and "bypassed" (What's the difference?). Well, anyone of those words is NOT a filter type. I would have expected Bessel, Butterworth, or L-Riley.
And "Bypass filter" gives you the choice of, oh surprise, some filter types!

I think that they inverted the headings, so "Bypass filter" should read "Filter Type", and inversely.
I also think that the heading "Bypass filter" is not clear. It should rather read "Filter Status". And the two choices of answer should be "Active" and "Bypassed".

Am I right with this, or am I just totally confused?
Edit: I still haven't seen the software, so "maybe" it has been corrected there???
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Altair.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC-24 manual is not clear: Bypass? 2 weeks 3 days ago #45835

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1097
@Altair

Quite simple: To Bypass processing = not go through the algorithm. So when you Bypass a filter (PEQ/Xover), it will just turn it off. It's like an ON/OFF button. "nothing" to do with the filter type (completely different section). Once you see software, it will make more sense.

devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam