Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: MiniDSP 2x4HD -> Driac Upgrade & licencing.

MiniDSP 2x4HD -> Driac Upgrade & licencing. 2 weeks 4 days ago #45169

• Kowalsker
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I have a buddy who I'm building a set of speakers for for Christmas. So I' halfway through the build and was considering upgrading the 2x4HD i bought for him to a DDRC-24 which I see requires some licensing hoops to jump through. My buddy isn't the most tech savvy, but the Dirac Live software is user friendly enough that I think he can muddle his way through it when he moves or sets the system up in a different location.

My question is, is the I assume the licensing activation something that is locked to the unit, then the ability to use Dirac Live software will always work with that unit? Can I just give him a USB stick with the software install, license file and hardware and he can just "next->next->next" and be good to go? Or will this in some way be locked to me, my laptop or anything else? I'd hate to gift something that become an expensive paper weight if I get hit by a tuck or something else unfortunate.

Also, in with that question, can I turn over my rights to download the base 2x4HD plugin to a third party?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MiniDSP 2x4HD -> Driac Upgrade & licencing. 3 days 7 hours ago #45370

• mieswall
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it possible to "downgrade" a former 2x4HD after a firmware update to a DDRC-24?

MiniDSP 2x4HD -> Driac Upgrade & licencing. 2 days 17 hours ago #45377

• Tony_J
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
It is - but why would you? I've used mine as 2X4HD and then converted to DDRC-24 and the DDRC-24 gives me far superior results for far less effort than I ever managed with the 2X4HD.

MiniDSP 2x4HD -> Driac Upgrade & licencing. 2 days 14 hours ago #45383

• snovosel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
DON'T DO IT! See my recent post about the seeming impossibility to "upgrade" a 2x4hd to the ddrc-24. That operation is not for the faint of heart and certainly not for someone who is not tech-savvy.
Moderators: devteam