Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: DDRC-24 Internal Sampling Rate

DDRC-24 Internal Sampling Rate 2 months 2 weeks ago #42940

• TomBiel
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I plan to buy a DDRC-24.

I have a question concerning the internal sample rate of 48kHz. This figure is surprisingly low. How will it affect the sound quality in my setup? I listen to TIDAL HiFi which is mostly 44.1kHz, some albums are MQA 96kHz or higher.

My setup is
TIDAL Hifi > Bluesound Node 2i =COAX> Musical Fidelity M6SDAC =RCA> Accuphase E-270 > KEF R11

I would like to insert the DDRC-24 between M6SDAC and Accuphase Amp.

Any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC-24 Internal Sampling Rate 2 months 1 week ago #42959

• Bencat
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Please accept that these are just my personal view so apply to what I listen to and equipment. The DAC in the DDRC 24 is more than good enough to show the quality of any music including hi res files.

The advantages that DIRAC Live gives to the overall sound in a room far outways and suggested loss in sampling rate . If done well 44.1 sounds wonderful and in listening that I have done (mainly at other peoples houses as I have never bought any hi res material) has not showed me any real gain in sound quality over a standard 44.1 recording.

Others say they hear huge differences and that hi res recordings are superior to standard CD quality . I have little doubt that they are sincere in this but for me the difference is often minute and more down to the mastering quality rather than the high sampling rate in itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TomBiel

DDRC-24 Internal Sampling Rate 2 months 1 week ago #42966

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1487
Also, the SHD runs at 96k.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam, TomBiel
Moderators: devteam