Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: DDRC-22D hardware update on the horizon?

DDRC-22D hardware update on the horizon? 5 days 17 hours ago #42639

• Nieuwro
  • Fresh Boarder
I imagine that per policy you cannot speak to this, but I am very curious about any potential hardware updates that might be forthcoming on the DDRC-22D model. I am really interested in this unit, as it integrates so nicely between streamer and DAC, and works fully in the digital domain, but it is on the market for 5 years now, since 2014, so I am worried that as soon as I buy the current version, a new one will be released :( . I understand that Dirac 2 will be coming out for this machine and will run on it, but I could also imagine that after 5 years there will be an incremental update with more recent chipset, more memory, processing power etc. Does anyone know? Does miniDSP have regular upgrade cycles?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC-22D hardware update on the horizon? 2 days 55 minutes ago #42704

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 998
@Nieuwro

There is already one out, it's called the SHD Studio. :-)
Here is more information on the platform. www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series/shd-studio

AS for what the future holds, you already answered your own question I'm afraid.. :-( We only speak of platforms where they are very close to ship... :-)

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Last Edit: 2 days 54 minutes ago by devteam.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam