Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL

Dirac Live Hard Crashes on OSX High Sierra 1 month 2 weeks ago #43129

• MrSpeakers
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! Just got my CDSP 8x12DL, it was the only product in the lineup with DL and the right IO to handle a PA system I'm building. Had no issue setting up the miniDSP config with crossovers and EQ, but the DL is another problem.

1) It sees the mic and loads the cal files, but when I test there is sound but no output. The mic is working, I can see input on the OS monitor.

2) If I actually try to run a scan, the app hard exits almost immediately

Running DL 1.2.41 which I downloaded today.

Ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dirac Live Hard Crashes on OSX High Sierra 1 month 1 week ago #43258

• denver8me4dinner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
MrSpeakers wrote:
Hi! Just got my CDSP 8x12DL, it was the only product in the lineup with DL and the right IO to handle a PA system I'm building. Had no issue setting up the miniDSP config with crossovers and EQ, but the DL is another problem.

1) It sees the mic and loads the cal files, but when I test there is sound but no output. The mic is working, I can see input on the OS monitor.

2) If I actually try to run a scan, the app hard exits almost immediately

Running DL 1.2.41 which I downloaded today.

Ideas?

Coupe ideas

Make sure the mixer and the Dirac channel mixer is turned on.

Also select “custom” in the DLCT and make sure your using the DLCT app in the 8X12DL plug in zip setup

There are a few versions of DLCT for various minidsp devices and not all of them work together

If you select custom you can select how many Dirac channels you have going based on your Dirac selection in the plugin (the Dirac mixer that looks like the output mixer)

You should definitely have audio

Check those things and check back

Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Dirac Live Hard Crashes on OSX High Sierra 2 weeks 6 days ago #43477

• denver8me4dinner
  • Gold Boarder
Check out this review made by my good friend Erin H. It’s extensive and complete.

Erin has been testing all kinds of speakers and amps and processors for some time now. He’s articulate and well educated in car audio. One of the best out there.
Definitely wanted to share this one also.

Excellent write up Erin!

www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-revi...8x12-dirac-live.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL 2 weeks 1 day ago #43753

• ah087966
  • Fresh Boarder
Dirac reduces output 15-20 dB every time I stop and start my vehicle. I have to open Dirac and increase the output on the export page each time I get in my car. Any tips on this? I save the project each time both in Dirac and the dsp software.

My apologies if this has already been covered.

New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL 2 weeks 2 hours ago #43778

• MarcM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have the same issue - any suggestions?

New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL 2 weeks 1 hour ago #43779

• ah087966
  • Fresh Boarder
MarcM wrote:
I have the same issue - any suggestions?

I’ve been talking with support for two days and their best answer is to make sure the firmware is updated. I sent my tune file to them, and the haven’t commented on that yet.

I experienced problems with the ddrc24 which never got worked out and it seems this mini dsp piece is on the same track.

New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL 1 week 6 days ago #43780

• TimoJ
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
How have you setup the Sub-adjustment? Remove it from all channels and try if it helps.

New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL 1 week 4 days ago #43821

• denver8me4dinner
  • Gold Boarder
ah087966 wrote:
Dirac reduces output 15-20 dB every time I stop and start my vehicle. I have to open Dirac and increase the output on the export page each time I get in my car. Any tips on this? I save the project each time both in Dirac and the dsp software.

My apologies if this has already been covered.

Let us know what you find out.

New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL 1 week 3 days ago #43832

• ah087966
  • Fresh Boarder
I finally figured out that you have to max out each output on multiple pages, not just the export page. Seems odd to me, but coming from a helix pro, just about everything seems clunky.

Anyways, now I’m trying to figure out the best mic placements. I seem to get varying results with respect to imaging. I have one tune with laser focus and the others are fairly diffused. Now this is purely a user error and I hope to figure it out or maybe someone can share their best practices with the forum.

New automotive Dirac Live: CDSP 8x12 DL 6 days 7 hours ago #43910

• Jscoyne2
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
ah087966 wrote:
I finally figured out that you have to max out each output on multiple pages, not just the export page. Seems odd to me, but coming from a helix pro, just about everything seems clunky.

Anyways, now I’m trying to figure out the best mic placements. I seem to get varying results with respect to imaging. I have one tune with laser focus and the others are fairly diffused. Now this is purely a user error and I hope to figure it out or maybe someone can share their best practices with the forum.

When you do your level setting via DLCT. Keep everything at full volume output. Put mic sensitivity(input gain) at 0. and output volume at whatever it needs to be to get everything at a good level to play in the green. Set your actual output levels per driver, on the minidsp plug in. If you do it in DLCT, you wont be able to change them later.

If you want to max your gain structure. I'd do this.

When you level settings. Lets say your levels in the minidsp plug in look like this.

left midbass -3
Right midbass -2
Left tweeter -5
Right tweeter -4

Bring everything up by whatever will let you stay at 0db. So make it look like this.

Left midbass. -1
Right midbass 0
left tweeter -3
Right tweeter -2

Make sense?

Also i haven't tried this yet but maybe try the first mic placement(Time alignment once) where your head would be but dont be in the driver seat. I'm wondering if our legs our messing with the measurement when it comes to arrival time on the left side speakers.
Moderators: devteam