Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Large Swimming Pool Application

Large Swimming Pool Application 3 weeks 20 hours ago #41073

Hi there,

I have a project where I have 4 x invisible IS4 Sonance single stereo speakers with 3 Invisible sub woofers alternating across 7 columns in a large basement swimming pool. Driving the speakers I currently have 2 x Sonance DSP 8-130 with digital input cards.

When testing I have found the bottom end and especially 200 - 400 mhz sound really bad due to structural vibrations. The Sonance amps have a 10 band eq but cleaning up the sounds is proving beyond my skill set!

I was wondering if a device such as the miniDDRC and Dirac Live would be able to help out or would this kind of setup confuse it (given that there are essentially 11 speakers)?

Ultimately I would be looking to use a Sonos connect as a source.

Also if the power gets cut does the DDRC remember which input was selected or does it reset?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Large Swimming Pool Application 2 weeks 6 days ago #41128

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 956
@paolopanella

Sounds like a fun project! Dirac Live would certainly help for the ease of tuning of your large auditorium.
Maybe check out the DDRC-88A together with the BM option. This way you can configure the system the way you want.
www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/ddrc-88a

One limitation of this system might be the USB audio limitation though. You will need to have the measurement done with UMIK-1 in the room. Not sure how far your rack is but you might need to figure out a solution for this..

As for source, the DDRC-88A will indeed remember the last selected preset/volume settings/source after any reboot. No problem

DeVteam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds