Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: DDRC88BM and phantom center mix down

DDRC88BM and phantom center mix down 4 days 2 hours ago #32379

• BeastRRR
  • Fresh Boarder
I will be using the DDRC88BM with no center channel speaker. I would like to mix down the center channel output from my avr to the left and right speaker in the DDRC88BM, as opposed to letting the avr mix it down.
This will allow me to still adjust the center trim for movies where I would like the center channel a little louder.
I am just wondering what the correct way to do this is.
1. Mix the center channel into the left and right channel with a -3db in the mixer after the bass management section, so that Dirac does not run a calibration for the center channel running by playing the left and right together.
2. Mix the center channel in the mixer after Dirac, with Dirac calibrating the mixer center

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC88BM and phantom center mix down 20 hours 51 minutes ago #32434

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 692
@ BeastRRR

Sounds like a neat setup.
a) Using the matrix mixer, you can indeed perform that mix of C to L&R channel.
b) You'd setup Dirac Live software as a custom system (7ch if 6.1 or 5ch if 4.1).
c) Dirac will sweep the speakers that you actually have.
d) The mix of center speaker to L&4 will be done upstream of Dirac live in the first ROUTING matrix. Here is an example maybe?

HTH

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds