Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: High-pass filter

High-pass filter 1 month 4 weeks ago #30295

• rla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the DDRC-22D.

My system has simple RC high-pass filters before the amp used to match the corresponding response from the powered Vandersteen 2WQ woofers. The filters are 6dB per octave with corner frequency at 80Hz.

After performing a satisfactory room eq with the Minidsp/Dirac system, would like to consider if the functionality of the high-pass filters can be integrated into the DDRC-22D, either by adjusting the target for the slope of the first order filter or using the undocumented high pass filter feature or a combination of both.

Would this be advantageous (phase response, noise, simplicity)? If so, what approach would yield better results?

Thanks in advance.

Roberto
The administrator has disabled public write access.

High-pass filter 1 month 3 weeks ago #30320

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 666
@ Roberto

Sounds great!
While we can't answer if it will be "benefitial or not" (will depend on the speaker itself, you can indeed at some filters with the custom target curve. Here is an explanation: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78476446/AVS...Live%20Rev%202.1.pdf

Have a trial and send us an update? We all learn via trial.. :)

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

High-pass filter 1 month 3 weeks ago #30346

• rla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, thank you, DevTeam.

Believe the experiment will be to:
conduct a Dirac eq with the RC filters installed before the amp, then
conduct a Dirac eq without the RC filters but the parameters HPSLOPEON =1, HPCUTOFF=80, HPORDER=2 for a 6dB/octave HPF at 80Hz.
I can load each filter with the selector knob to compare.

What had me confused is that the RC filter is a one pole first order while the 6 dB/octave slope activated by the target file with HPORDER = 2, but that is because it is a digital filter order.

Thank you again.

Roberto
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds