Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Minidsp and OSD

Minidsp and OSD 7 months 1 week ago #29260

• KHTM
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it possible to get OSD on minidsp dirac series? I.e. volume shown on screen when changing volume. I have the D version.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Minidsp and OSD 7 months 1 week ago #29270

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1096
The DDRC-22D/A don't have video output. Not sure the question makes sense?
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Minidsp and OSD 7 months 1 week ago #29313

• astr0b0y
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
It would be great if we could somehow get remote access to live volume output settings. Would be nice too if we could set output to be locked to max/0dB within software.

For the plugin for 88A/BM you can see the live volume setting once the plugin is connected to the unit. Since I have my 88 connected to a computer the whole time there must be a way for miniDSP to write a plugin that simply connected to the unit, recorded the volume value and made that data accessible for other software to access. Then a small piece of middleware could read that and display anyway and anywhere you like - web, phone/tablet app, pi etc.
However, this would also open a can of worms, I would then want complete access to change settings from a remote machine :)
I'd also pay an add-on licence fee for this kind of future add - c'mon @devteam ;)

Realistically though I think the architecture of these units prohibits plug in access during playback.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds