Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: DDR2-22 does not show up in Dirac Live Calibration

DDR2-22 does not show up in Dirac Live Calibration 2 months 2 weeks ago #27783

• miniDoug
  • Fresh Boarder
The DDRC-22 software connects just fine, but the Dirac Calibration software does not show any available Test Signal Device.

Please don't tell me to run "copy.bat", because there is no such file in either of the zip archives on this page:

www.minidsp.com/userdownloads/dirac-series/ddrc-22-software

Pretty-much all there is (once you drill-down into "Windows") are installation .exe files (which seemed to work fine).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDR2-22 does not show up in Dirac Live Calibration 2 months 2 weeks ago #27796

• miniDoug
  • Fresh Boarder
I have figured-out the problem. The Dirac software must be run as Administrator.

This is rather lame, because best practice is to normally run Windows as a Limited User. Properly-written software does not require the user to be an administrator, and it's a bad assumption to assume that they are. The User Guide also makes no mention of this requirement.

DDR2-22 does not show up in Dirac Live Calibration 2 months 2 weeks ago #27806

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 632
@ miniDoug,

Sorry about that, we haven't noticed this before.. We'll warn the Dirac team and remember to put it in the user manual. THanks for the feedback

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds