Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: DDRC-88A "DSP firmware needs to be recovered. Plea

DDRC-88A "DSP firmware needs to be recovered. Plea 4 months 2 weeks ago #26529

Hello,

I just bought a DDRC-88A/Dirac live including the DDRC-88BM plugin, connected between my pre-amp (RCA) / power amp (XLR) and a powered sub (XLR).

I managed to do a measurement of the main speakers and the sub and loaded the Dirac live results in to the first preset, all fine and the results are fantastic :-)

Bud when I try to load a filter in to the second preset with the Dirac software or switch to the second preset in the 88-BM app, or even turn the device itself to the second preset the 88A locs and stops doing anything, the only thing to get it running again is a random power off's / on's with the preset switch to the first position.
When I open the 88-BM app when the 88A is still locked I get the following message,

"DSP firmware needs to be recovered. Please restore to factory settings or close the application"

DDRC-88-BM v1.0 beta 11
Firmware 2.20
Dirac live v2.1.0

I found the following post on your site after a search, bud don't know iff this also works on the 88A

support.minidsp.com/customer/en/portal/a...ered-error%22-means-

Best regards and hoping for a solution,

Mario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DDRC-88A "DSP firmware needs to be recovered. Plea 4 months 2 weeks ago #26531

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 859
I'm not sure if this is it but you can't have the DLCT and the DDRC-88 plugin running at the same time.

If you haven't already, reset to defaults in the plugin is probably a good idea. (Then reload your config and/or filters.)
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

DDRC-88A "DSP firmware needs to be recovered. Plea 4 months 2 weeks ago #26532

john.reekie wrote:
I'm not sure if this is it but you can't have the DLCT and the DDRC-88 plugin running at the same time.

I know
john.reekie wrote:
If you haven't already, reset to defaults in the plugin is probably a good idea. (Then reload your config and/or filters.)

Did that, bud when I want to change to the second preset all locks again, also on the device itself without the USB connection.

DDRC-88A "DSP firmware needs to be recovered. Plea 4 months 2 weeks ago #26536

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 859
:( I'm sorry but I have no idea, I've not seen that problem. Maybe support ticket? -> minidsp.desk.com
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

DDRC-88A "DSP firmware needs to be recovered. Plea 4 months 2 weeks ago #26541

Got a new firmware (v2.22) and a new DDRC-88BM software (v1.1) from the Dev Team.

All is working perfect now :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds