Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uncentered stereo image

Uncentered stereo image 3 years 11 months ago #27318

• Genitruc
  • Fresh Boarder
You can adjust gain per channel, but there is NO manual control on delay.

Genitruc
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uncentered stereo image 3 years 11 months ago #27319

You can adjust gain per channel, but there is NO manual control on delay.

Are you talking about ddrc-22d or ddrc-24? Or both?

Uncentered stereo image 3 years 11 months ago #27320

• Genitruc
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm talking about the ddrc-22d, which is the one I own. I cannot say about the ddrc-24, sorry.

Uncentered stereo image 7 months 1 week ago #45786

I am having a similar issue but only when I tweak the default curve that Dirac Live creates. The default is perfectly balanced but there is no bass so I raised the lower-end of the curves to get the bass back and this makes the image shifted to the left. In fact, even if I touch it slightly the images shifts and I don't understand why.

Uncentered stereo image 2 months 3 weeks ago #48514

• feathed
  • Fresh Boarder
I see this is an old post but I similarly have been struggling for many months and scores of Dirac measurements with the center image shifted to the left. Most strangely, the image seems well centered ONLY if I don't touch anything on my SHD plug in after loading Dirac's default target setting. Even if I only change volume on the SHD and then go back to the exact same setting on ALL SHD settings, image is still about 20 degrees to the left and will be forever! I'd like to change the target only slightly but I am to exhausted and frustrated to touch anything.

Uncentered stereo image 2 months 3 weeks ago #48515

• Genitruc
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I ended up splitting the left and right response curves and setting one about 2db (after testing different values) louder than the other one to center the stereo image. It solved the problem.
Good luck

Uncentered stereo image 2 months 3 weeks ago #48516

• feathed
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks!... but I don't think that will work for me. I've tried to separate the curves and no better. I also don't want to use Dirac target to balance the image as I don't want any processing above about 1KHz as I have very beamy electrostatic speakers (Sanders Sound Systems) that usually shouldn't be touched above 1KHz. Therefore if I separate the curves below 1KHz there would still be an imbalance above 1KHz. I would settle for a curve with less bass. I could easily find a target with only a 4dB total downward slope using Dirac 1 but I can't do anything but use whatever Dirac calculates with Dirac 2. Unless of course I modify the curve and I have NOT found a way to prevent the center image shifting if I even so much as move one point by 0.1dB. Example: If I move the 20Hz target point down from plus 2.5dB to 0.0dB I get center image shift to the left AND massive wall shaking bass instead of less. The real issue here I think is Dirac losing sync with the SHD. I just don't know how to prevent it.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam