Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Narrow mic positions

Narrow mic positions 1 year 10 months ago #17731

• mcteague
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I know it is recommended to use at least a 3' area for taking calibration readings but some find narrow mic placement works best. See emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/40671...rac-technique?page=3
My room is only 12' wide and I sit about 7' from the speakers. Has anyone tried a very narrow 9 point reading? I may have to try it just to be sure. Using 3-4' I like what it does to the bass but the treble just never sounds quite right so I end up limiting the correction to below 1.5kHz or so.

Tim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Narrow mic positions 1 year 10 months ago #17733

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 859
Not tried it, please update with your findings if you do.

Just wondering about the graphs on that page - pretty odd below 50 Hz.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?

Narrow mic positions 1 year 10 months ago #17748

• mcteague
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Just to save time scanning the other forum, here is the quote I was referring to:

emotivalounge.proboards.com/post/705158/thread

Quote from another forum where I posted some graphs
"One way is to take the Dirac measurements closely spaced at the main listening spot (have a look at Sean Olive's blog - there is an evaluation of different automatic room correction systems, and he concludes that the best results - judged by experienced listeners - were achieved with closely spaced measurements). Doing this, Dirac can actually reduce energy transmitted into the dominant room modes. That should improve the bass significantly."

Tim
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds