Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: C-dsp 8x12 V2 in a home hifi

C-dsp 8x12 V2 in a home hifi 7 months 1 week ago #45642

• dazyguk
  • Fresh Boarder
Can the c-dsp 8x12 be used in a home hifi system? Nothing else gives me what this unit can for a 6 way x-over with digital in.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

C-dsp 8x12 V2 in a home hifi 6 months 4 weeks ago #45787

• PsyCLown
  • Fresh Boarder
It certainly can, I am currently using my C-DSP 6x8 in my home temporarily while my NanoAVR's are being sent to MiniDSP for repairs.

My question is whether the DIRAC functionality differs between any of the MiniDSP Dirac products?
Dirac is not something I am very familiar with but something I am now starting to look into.

C-dsp 8x12 V2 in a home hifi 6 months 4 weeks ago #45788

• dazyguk
  • Fresh Boarder
How do you adjust for the high vrms output? Attenuate?

C-dsp 8x12 V2 in a home hifi 6 months 4 weeks ago #45865

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1125
Just a warning of caution here worth noting. The CDSP8x12 is a car audio platform full of little details meant to mitigate noise in a very noisy car environment (lack of clean ground). That's a completely different setup than a home setup where you have 50~60Hz from your AC and earthing. Few comments:
a) A linear supply would be required (as it requires earthing)
b) All inputs are "differential balanced" = like balanced input. So it's not the same as a simple RCA.

For that reason, the 8x12 isn't as simple as a swap for one platform to the other.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PsyCLown, dazyguk

C-dsp 8x12 V2 in a home hifi 6 months 3 weeks ago #45877

• PsyCLown
  • Fresh Boarder
devteam wrote:
Just a warning of caution here worth noting. The CDSP8x12 is a car audio platform full of little details meant to mitigate noise in a very noisy car environment (lack of clean ground). That's a completely different setup than a home setup where you have 50~60Hz from your AC and earthing. Few comments:
a) A linear supply would be required (as it requires earthing)
b) All inputs are "differential balanced" = like balanced input. So it's not the same as a simple RCA.

For that reason, the 8x12 isn't as simple as a swap for one platform to the other.

DevTeam

In terms of powering the C-DSP 8x12 v2, would this SMPS be alright?: www.minidsp.com/products/accessories/mis...psu-12v-800ma-detail

How much power would the C-DSP draw? How many amps at 12v?