Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us) as this is the official path for support by our team. Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Dirac Live Calibration tool on OSX Mojave

Dirac Live Calibration tool on OSX Mojave 3 months 1 week ago #42671

• bmeek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I believe there is a bug in the Dirac Live tool on OS X Mojave using the UMIK-1. When I try to run calibration the mic isn't capturing any audio. When I try to open the mic with REW as an alternative, it works fine once I've upgraded to the latest beta of REW and granted microphone access in OS X -> General -> Security -> Privacy (part of the new OS X privacy sandboxing in Mojave). I took a look at the Dirac Live tool maintained by Dirac, and their most recent build has fixed this Mojave access issue and documented it in their release notes.

Is this a known issue? Are others experiencing it? IS there a work around (downgrading OS X isn't really an option for me)? If it is a known issue, any chance of backporting the Dirac change to the version that works with Mini DSP so this works on Mojave?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dirac Live Calibration tool on OSX Mojave 1 month 6 days ago #43307

• bmeek
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone else had success using the tool on Mojave? Any tricks to getting this to work I should try?

Dirac Live Calibration tool on OSX Mojave 3 weeks 2 days ago #43594

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1039
@bmeek

There is indeed a little bug on Mojave + Dirac 1.0 for multichannel. There is a build under the user downloads section that solves this.

devTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

Dirac Live Calibration tool on OSX Mojave 3 weeks 23 hours ago #43669

• bmeek
  • Fresh Boarder
I only have access to the c-dsp download section. Have you fixed that tool as well?