Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Car Audio Sub Solution - Cheaper than C-DSP 6x8 2 years 2 months ago #44735

• popalock
  • popalock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Technically challenged in need of some assistance!

I've owned a C-DSP in the past. Literally only used it for sub duty. Huge waste of a processor, but I at least was able to understand how get power and a remote signal to it.

Can someone walk me through the steps of what it would take to get a regular 2x4 HD and the WI-DG Wifi Adapter hooked up in my car? I mean, do I just cut the cable of the power supplies provided to use the power jack input for the 2x4 and WI-DG, and splice the other side into the - and + of my battery?

I'm about to get an amp installed and I would like to run whatever necessary cabling all in one shot that way I can have bass fix now, but be ready to quickly pop the 2x4 HD in the mix when it gets delivered.

I feel like the WI-DG adapter is important because I want to be able to access the DSP at anytime by just bringing my laptop to my car and connecting... Can I daisy chain the power and remote cables to use with both products?

Let's pretend I'm a complete idiot, or a 8 year old child or a 27 year old silverback gorilla...Help a non-technical, non-electrically inclined individual out.

For instance. If someone says, oh the miniDSP is a 12v product so your good...I mean, that's not helpful at all... Please give me some details...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Car Audio Sub Solution - Cheaper than C-DSP 6x8 1 year 8 months ago #48095

• jaross
There is a car addon for the 2x4 hd. it simplifies that whole thing for sure.

As for the wifi, I think you need a base station to connect anything to is, so unless you have a router in your car it would probably be difficult

Car Audio Sub Solution - Cheaper than C-DSP 6x8 1 year 8 months ago #48112

• popalock
  • popalock's Avatar Topic Author
I went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased the 6x8 with the Wifi adapter. Everything works fine. I can access the miniDSP via wifi access point anytime. Only kinda weird thing is that the Wifi adapter stays on all the time. Sometimes if my home WiFi drops, my laptop will connect to my mini...lol.

If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have gotten the Wifi Adapter. I just don't ever need it like I was thinking I might.

It was expensive, but has served me well.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam