Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: C-DSP 8x12 DL help/advice

C-DSP 8x12 DL help/advice 1 year 5 months ago #43791

• mikoz
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a head unit with preamp outs for 4 channels plus a sub (5 total), these eventually go to a JL amp. But the head unit itself powers the 2 front tweeters with its internal amp (no external amp). Therefore, I have a total of 5 low level and 2 high level signals that need to be processed. I’d love to be able to intercept the tweeters before they are amplified but I cannot think of a way to do this without getting a bigger amp and and running a lot more wiring.

Would the 8x12 work in this case? I see that I can provide up to 6 low levels inputs (that works) and also up to 6 high level inputs (also works) but it appears that all outputs are low level. Is this correct?

How would you proceed in this case? If the unit can output a high level signal plus the Low level signals., it would seem to be a great fit but I don’t see now that’s possible?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

C-DSP 8x12 DL help/advice 1 year 4 months ago #44154

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1207
@mikoz

Not sure to fully understand your setup... If it's tweeters, you already have that signal from the DSP low level input. (i.e. L&R front)
AKA, you don't need these high level signals and you can easily use the DSP to derive audio for these 2 tweets (i.e. 5 x IN, 7 x OUT). No?
You will need an amp anyway for these tweets as the CDSP 8x12 can't power tweeters. :-)

Maybe missing something... A diagram would help.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by devteam.

C-DSP 8x12 DL help/advice 1 month 5 days ago #53388

• dumdum
  • Fresh Boarder
Buy a small compact two channel and put it behind the dash, you are correct the 8-12 processor cannot process the tweeters as it needs to be between the headunit and the amplifier for the tweeters (which currently is built into the hu, so a small amplifier is required
Moderators: devteam