Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: From logic 7 to Dirac, I need help.

From logic 7 to Dirac, I need help. 5 months 1 week ago #41734

• ishj
  • Fresh Boarder
My current e92 has a 3-way front, rear 2-way speakers, rear deck mids and a front center 2-way. It uses L7 processing from HK which gives a centered soundstage for everyone in the car. I will be getting the new c-dsp 8x12 DL. On dirac's website, I saw that the system gives good sound for everyone in the car, but despite extensive googling, I could not figure out how to tune the system. can someone point me in the right direction as to how to tune for at least the two front passengers? I can experiment using my PC connected to the amps using my gaming soundcard and see how I like it. But I need to know how to tune the system.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

From logic 7 to Dirac, I need help. 2 months 3 weeks ago #42811

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1038
@ishj

Sounds like an exciting setup! Lots of great information already in the CDSP8x12DL thread
www.minidsp.com/forum/dirac-series-suppo...sp-8x12-dl?start=165

Another great resources is the amazing team @ DIYMA who are extremely knowledgeable and testing all possible configs. :-)
www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-a...ew-release-help.html

Finally, besides the extensive user manual (going in great details already), this app note is a good example of multiway + Dirac Live.
www.minidsp.com/applications/digital-cro...akers-with-ddrc-88bm

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by devteam.

From logic 7 to Dirac, I need help. 1 month 1 week ago #43283

• denver8me4dinner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
ishj wrote:
My current e92 has a 3-way front, rear 2-way speakers, rear deck mids and a front center 2-way. It uses L7 processing from HK which gives a centered soundstage for everyone in the car. I will be getting the new c-dsp 8x12 DL. On dirac's website, I saw that the system gives good sound for everyone in the car, but despite extensive googling, I could not figure out how to tune the system. can someone point me in the right direction as to how to tune for at least the two front passengers? I can experiment using my PC connected to the amps using my gaming soundcard and see how I like it. But I need to know how to tune the system.

With logic7 your going to have to pick where the sound is optimized.

The 1st measurement will set all the delays in the car, so if you want good imaging in the two front seats , I would maybe go for 1st measurement between the two front seats.

Or maybe have a few different configurations and one for just driver seat,

The car is a hard place to have good imaging in both seats, the center channel will give a good center for everyone, the room may not agree the same for everyone. But should at least be better than nothing. And all I’m saying is the 1seat tune will sound more precise.

So you will have to experiment with the 1st measurement in Dirac live and find a spot that works the best.

Even in a home theater Dirac live is only optimized for one seat. So it’s no different, except the car will have much more issues than a big room as far as differences between the seats. ;)

If it were my car, with logic7 I would optimize it for my seat, everyone else wil still have a “center channel” and still have a center focus, but won’t have the “sweet spot”. I doubt your passengers will care much anyways. :P

The best part of you’ll be able to make configurations without the center , and let Dirac do some amazing 2ch things for you when you want a taste of phantom imaging. :)

Hope this helps some
Please join us on DIYMA
And we’ll chat all about it

Hope this helps
Andrew
Moderators: devteam