Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

aptX Bluetooth into MiniDSP in a car? 3 years 3 months ago #38526

• Czaruno
  • Czaruno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
What do you all think about using this device to stream Bluetooth into a MiniDSP and then from there to the amps/speakers?

www.amazon.com/dp/B01KO1JNCA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_dxTOzbV2RDGZZ

It seems to support aptX bluetooth for high quality audio and has an optical out...

thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

aptX Bluetooth into MiniDSP in a car? 3 years 3 months ago #38588

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1338
@Czaruno

We've never used it before but it seems like a fine little box.. APTX is just a compression format for BT. Out on that TOSLINK cable it's going to be a standard PCM audio that will work with any device.

Keep us updated on how things go.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

aptX Bluetooth into MiniDSP in a car? 3 years 3 months ago #38605

• Czaruno
  • Czaruno's Avatar Topic Author
After reading more about this box, it seems APTX is only supported when it is transmitting Bluetooth, not receiving Bluetooth. That is disappointing as my goal was to transmit Bluetooth from my Samsung Note 8 to this box and then digitally into the MiniDSP.

It is possible this does not matter since audio only does not need to be synced to a video stream. I would think that is the only time it would matter, our ears can't detect a ms delay in an audio signal because there is no other reference. So it might work just fine...

"Note: aptX Low Latency ONLY supports TX mode."

I'll update this thread when I am able to test this Bluetooth box.

Last edit: by Czaruno. Reason: removing a comma

aptX Bluetooth into MiniDSP in a car? 2 years 3 months ago #44375

• Jdevereux
  • CDSP 8x12 DL in a 2015 Buick Verano Premium
The Auris BluMe is what you want! I’ve got one going into my 8x12DL via toslink and it is perfect. Also does aptx HD and AAC (for the iPhone peoples).

theauris.com/products/auris-blumehd-true...tooth-music-receiver

Needed this adapter to power it from the car’s 12v:

HOMREE DC-DC Converter Step Down Module 12V to 5V Micro USB Output Buck Power Adapter (Micro USB) www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEESLZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Xc1MDbB40V2ZH
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

aptX Bluetooth into MiniDSP in a car? 2 years 2 months ago #44785

• donnyb99
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there, new to the forums but I wanted to chime in on this as I am eyeing the cdsp 8x12 for my own install.

Wouldn't passing the digital signal to the DSP defeat the purpose of having a high end DAC in your Bluetooth receiver? My personal plan was to incorporate a Topping D50s (www.amazon.com/Topping-D50s-Bluetooth-De...ontrol/dp/B07VJMSM6T) which has an extremely impressive DAC in order to output an Analog signal to the 8x12.

Would this configuration work? Is there someway to have 2 of the analog channel inputs selectable as a source on the fly (ie while driving)?

I apologize is this is on a tangent from the original thread

aptX Bluetooth into MiniDSP in a car? 2 years 2 months ago #44793

• DIYAudiophileElliott
  • Thank you received: 6
This being Bluetooth, I would't bother putting an expensive DAC in with it, although a better quality Bluetooth receiver would be worth it! :)
Of course a DAC with combined with a direct stream would be very good (or storing the audio files in the car's system if possible. If using high res Bluetooth with a decent phone and a decent receiver then maybe I would bother putting a good DAC in, and to answer your question it is possible, you just need the technical know how with the circuitry or find a Bluetooth receiver that outputs digital???
If I were you I would just get a high quality Bluetooth receiver. But if you can, I'd wait a bit as I am pretty sure the new Bluetooth revision is coming out in 2020. :)

Last edit: by DIYAudiophileElliott.

aptX Bluetooth into MiniDSP in a car? 1 year 8 months ago #48092

• jaross
  • Thank you received: 0
I just setup a BluDento BLT-2, connected via Toslink to my 2x4 HD. As best I could tell its a bit hit and miss as to which devices will transmit aptx. I found an Asus Zenpad 8 for my 'head unit' which does support aptx.

Last edit: by jaross.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam