TOPIC:

DDRC-88A utility update - Update required 5 years 5 months ago #26243

• devteam
  • devteam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1324
Dear All

Following the great help from community member astr0b0y, our team figured out that the UserDownloads section was somehow not showing the correct files (outdated plugin). The symptoms of this issue would basically involve no audio on the DDRC-88A and would affect customers who just got their DDRC-88A within the month of July. So as a short warning to some of you who could basically run into this issue, make sure you're running the latest firmware + software as per our user downloads.
Note that this only affects customers running the DDRC-88A utility. Customers running the DDRC-88BM version don't need to worry since they are already running on the new firmware (with its new clocking structure).

Thanks for your patience and sorry for this mishap. Thanks @ astr0b0y for his patience!

Rev 1.07 / June 2016
- This major firmware upgrade modifies clocking structure inside the DDRC-88A. Unfortunately, it requires opening the box to perform the firmware upgrade of both internal boards. A very clear STEP BY STEP app note is included inside the ZIP file.
- NOTE: The firmware upgrade (by opening the box) is only required for units purchased "before" 1st of June 2016. Units purchased and shipped after 1st of June 2016 can easily be recognized by a green sticker located at the back of the DDRC-88A unit. If your unit already has a green sticker, you do not need to open the box and update the firmware. You however do need to make sure you update your DDRC-88A utility by installing the latest plugin and clicking restore to default all.

For any questions, please feel free to contact our team for help.
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: astr0b0y

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DDRC-88A utility update - Update required 3 years 9 months ago #35673

• dieselgeek
  • Thank you received: 0
I have this issue but it's after I updated the unit form A to BM. Does it have to have the BM activation first? I would hope that it would at least work while I'm waiting for that email w/ my key. When I look in the DSP app it shows -116 in and out no mater what source I use on the inputs.

DDRC-88A utility update - Update required 3 years 9 months ago #35761

• devteam
  • devteam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1324
mmmh, it sounds like something else.
Please try to start a tech support tix with us (support.minidsp.com), we're here to help.
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

DDRC-88A utility update - Update required 3 years 9 months ago #35812

• JJzy
  • Thank you received: 2
Will take note of this

• Page:
Moderators: devteam