Siegfried Linkwitz is a well known reference in the Audio industry. His work range from filtering to speaker building and has been referenced/used by many designers worldwide for the past few years. The Linkwitz Lab website is a goldmine of information on advanced filtering, speaker building and even basic concepts of acoustic and speaker design. A reference website for any audio designer!
The latest addition to Linkwitz Lab portfolio is the LXmini, an alternative to the Pluto 2.1 design and built around a miniDSP 2x4 platform. Fully engineered by Siegfried himself and his legendary handmade pole/zero diagrams, this new design is yet another
The LXmini is a most remarkable loudspeaker. It converts electrical signal voltages into acoustic pressure variations, which are perceived as completely neutral and detailed even in a reverberant environment. With this design I want to give every music lover the opportunity to build and enjoy a reference quality sound system singing in their own living space.
LXmini in Room
|Frequency response measurements ON/OFF axis|
As you can see from below cost, the ease of construction and the price put the LXmini within reach of many audiophiles and music lovers.
- LXmini Construction Plans: $105 USD
- 4 SEAS drivers: $320 USD
- miniDSP 2x4 in a box: $115 USD
- USB power supply: $15 USD
- PVC/ABS pipes, couplers, cups: $60 USD
- Hardboard, Plywood, Rod: $25 USD
- Screws, spade lugs, cable clamps, terminal blocks, grip handle: $20 USD
- 60 ft of18 Gauge speaker cable, plugs: $30 USD
- Want to get up and running in no time? Purchase a complete LxMini Kit from Madisound by clicking on the picture.