This very comprehensive tutorial was written by community member Neutro on AVSForum. We're very fortunate to see dedicated members taking the time to write a great step by step like this one.
To those of you who have ways/ideas on a little tutorial, make sure to send it to us. And once again a big "Merci" to François!
The goal of this thread is to discuss a handful of topics regarding the integration of one or more subwoofer, using a MiniDSP 2x4, to your average home theater setup. While the MiniDSP is a great platform to perform subwoofer equalization, this won't be discussed here in detail. Rather, I want to focus on how to:
- Perform the actual connexions and setup of the MiniDSP and subs in the system
- Use the MiniDSP as a splitter to simplify the setup for multiple subwoofers
- Easily level-match multiple subs using the MiniDSP
- Tweak the sub integration with the mains using the MiniDSP
- Add a house curve on top of whatever EQing is performed by the AVR
The required gear for this tutorial is simply:
- An AVR
- Up to four subwoofers
- An appropriate number of subwoofer cables
- A MiniDSP 2x4
- A MiniDSP plugin
[readon url="http://www.minidsp.com/support/community-powered-tutorials/201-dual-sub-integration"]Read More[/readon]