Curryman DAC (ES9023)A stereo I2S DAC module based on the well known ES9023 IC by ESS. Designed by community member Curryman
The Curryman DAC is an I2S DAC module designed by long time community member Daniel (Aka Curryman). Featuring a low noise circuity and easy connectivity to existing board, this module is the perfect fit to match the wide range of miniDSP products with I2S interface.
A dedicated thread for technical questions is available on the Forum.
- ESS Tech ES9023
- Low jitter FXO-HC736R-48
- Matched JFETS
- I2S Input
- Stereo 2Vrms output unbalanced
- Improved LCR output filter for reduced HF noise
- JFET buffer/line driver with low output impedance (< 70 Ohm)
- On board low jitter 50MHz crystal oscillator (XO)
- On board low noise LDO regulators for DAC (3.6V) and XO (3.3V)
- Supported I2S input sample rates (kHz): 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 196
- Asynchronous mode operation using local XO as MCLK
Power Supply required for operation
- +4.5V to +12V DC (regulated or unregulated) for DAC and XO
- +/- 10V to +/- 18V DC (regulated, low noise) for output buffer
All credits for this design goes to Daniel (Curryman) with filter + Buffer designed by J.Gerhard.
FETs not matched, resulting in -50mV on left channel and 150mV on right channel. Not asking for replacement due to shipping costs at my own expense. Do not want to incur further cost to the project.Tan Chai Thaim