Curryman DAC (ES9023)
The Curryman DAC is an I2S DAC module designed by long time community member Daniel (Aka Curryman). Featuring a low noise circuity and easy connectivity to existing board, this module is the perfect fit to match the wide range of miniDSP products with I2S interface.
A dedicated thread for technical questions is available on the Forum.
- ESS Tech ES9023
- Low jitter FXO-HC736R-48
- Matched JFETS
- I2S Input
- Stereo 2Vrms output unbalanced
- Improved LCR output filter for reduced HF noise
- JFET buffer/line driver with low output impedance (< 70 Ohm)
- On board low jitter 50MHz crystal oscillator (XO)
- On board low noise LDO regulators for DAC (3.6V) and XO (3.3V)
- Supported I2S input sample rates (kHz): 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 196
- Asynchronous mode operation using local XO as MCLK
Power Supply required for operation
- +4.5V to +12V DC (regulated or unregulated) for DAC and XO
- +/- 10V to +/- 18V DC (regulated, low noise) for output buffer
All credits for this design goes to Daniel (Curryman) with filter + Buffer designed by J.Gerhard.